Wednesday, May 20, 2009

NYC Day 1 & 2!


We have arrived to the one place I have wanted to visit my entire life. So far I have seen two people urinating in public, I got in a verbal altercation with an old lady because she thought my tank top and a jacket outfit was to revealing, and I have almost been hit by 13 crazy cab drivers. How do I feel about it do you ask? I am LOVING it!! Where else do you get craziness like this?Seriously?!
DAY 1

Yesterday when we arrived we met up with my brother Dave and his wife Jessica. We went to the Empire State building first and then met up with their friend who is a local. He took us to China town for dinner. We then went to a great dessert place. Kind of a short day.

Here are some pics.

Kelly and I getting ready to ride the subway.
The four of us at the top of the Empire State Building.
The cutest picture ever of Dave and Jessica!



DAY 2
We had a lot more going on today. We stopped by St. Patricks Cathedral and then walked down 5th ave. We then walked through the Rockafellar Center Plaza then we went and stood in line for two hours to get in to the taping of the Daily show. We were so excited because we were the last ones in line that they gave tickets too. Then we get inside and they tell us that only 3 of us can go in and we had to make a decision immediately as to who was going to go. Dave and Jess were nice enough to let us Kelly and I go. However, we felt guilty the whole time. After the show we headed to the Yankees game. Busy busy day.

More pics. Sorry its a long post. I'm in New York would you expect anything different?

What's NYC without the Naked Cowboy

Enjoying the Yankees game.
In front of the new Yankees Stadium.
So happy to get our tickets to the Daily Show only to be disappointed that only three of us could get in.

Great seats at the game!!

3 comments:

M Occasionally B said...

what crazy fun! you'd think NewYork would be the last place someone would yell at you for your clothes! Glad your having fun!

Harris Family said...

NY looks so fun- I cant believe I lived in DC and never made it to NY- After fighting the city traffice all week- the last thing I wanted to do was get in my car or see anything. Oh well.

Ok- so the last time I saw your brother was at least 10-11 years ago- so different- so grown up- cut the long hair! Love it how time flies and things change...

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.