Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History in the Making

This election was my first time voting and what an election to vote in. Kelly had a lot of things to do today and voting was not on his list. I put my foot down and told him that we were going to vote. We got up early this morning and headed off to vote. After 45 minutes of waiting in line I finally got my sticker and was on my way.

Although this election made for some very funny SNL's and Daily Shows, I am happy it is over. There are only so many Palin jokes.

Call me crazy, but I am pretty excited about this next President. I have been a fan of his since the Primary's. I don't consider myself affiliated with any party but I thought, in this election, Obama was the man for the job. I won't give my reasons, everyone is allowed their opinions.

I found his speech so inspirational tonight, I loved watching all of the people that were looking at him with pride and hope. What a historical moment to watch. It was very touching. I also thought McCains speech was very good. He was very gracious and what an incredible person to run against.

Here's hoping for a great four years. I am excited to see what we all can do with this wonderful country of ours.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I thought both of the speeches were wonderful. McCain was very gracious in his loss and Obama was inspiring. I cried four times during his speech and so did Micah :)

Rachel and Kelly said...

I agree I thought both of there speeches were very good.

Megan said...

I was only able to stay up long enough to watch McCain's speach. It was very good. I will have to listen to Obama's later today. I have to admit, I don't like either of them, but, you can only hope the best and hope that our country comes out much better because of it. No matter who would have won. So, here's to the next 4 years and to what it might hold for us!

Megan said...

I was only able to stay up long enough to watch McCain's speach. It was very good. I will have to listen to Obama's later today. I have to admit, I don't like either of them, but, you can only hope the best and hope that our country comes out much better because of it. No matter who would have won. So, here's to the next 4 years and to what it might hold for us!

Cameron Family said...

I am with you Megan...not the biggest fan of either. I did get out and vote though and I am happy I did. This is the first time I voted and actually read up on each candidate and there plans to change the country. You are right....here is to the next four years to see what will happen.