Monday, November 17, 2008

I did it!!!

Every year I try to convince Kelly that we should put Christmas lights on the outside of the house and every year he is to busy to do it. So I took it into my own hands this year. I know what your thinking. "What? Rachel put up Christmas lights? But she falls UP stairs." I was pretty nervous knowing my track record with just walking in general. So I called my sister to come and observe just in case I did fall off the roof, someone would be there to call 911. For the most part it went over pretty well. All the ladders are at the town house (yes the townhouse is still going on). So I had to get on the roof by climbing out the window. No big deal. There was just one part of the upper roof that I couldn't reach to put in a clip for the lights. So I decided to have Julie act as a step stool for me so I climb onto the higher part of the roof. I was almost there but then I freaked my self out and jumped off of her leg very clumsily. Then I got even more freaked out that I was going to fall so I did what any normal person would do and grabbed on to anything to keep my self from falling. It just happened to be Julie's hair. It worked though. I only twisted my ankle. At least I didn't fall all the way down. Julie and I sat on the roof and laughed uncontrollably for about 5 minutes. I still haven't fixed the one part of the roof.

Here are some pics of the final product.







After my big accomplishment I thought it would be great to get a picture of me jumping for joy. Its a lot harder than it seems.


Attempt 1. Hmmm. Not quite.


Attempt 2. Crap still not right.
Attempt 3. Well thats not right.
Attempt 37 That looks horrible but with the incident on the roof and then me jumping up and down my front lawn I figured my neighbors had seen enough for one day.

12 comments:

M Occasionally B said...

your too funny! I was laughing the whole time I read this!

Lani said...

This post just cracks me right up. I love all the pics of you attempting your jump for joy. Good job on the lights, too.

Annette said...

You are my hero. That is seriously impressive. Plus I am laughing out loud! What did Kelly think? I am hoping I won't have to resort to hanging lights myself because I hate heights!! We'll see.

Rachel and Kelly said...

Kelly thought I did a good job, but of course noticed the corner that I couldn't reach. I hate heights to thats why I was so proud of myself and also why I almost fell.

Angela and Tyler said...

Santa would be so proud...good job!

The Boys Rule said...

Hey Rachel, nice job, would you please stop by and do ours next. Brent hates putting up the lights.

Cameron Family said...

Nice Job! Want to come and put up my light next? :) And I laughed pretty hard too while reading this.

Helen said...

You look like a model in your jumping picture! I am very impressed with your Christmas lights. I can't wait to come see them!

Megan said...

That is so funny! I love the pictures of you jumping and I have a pretty good picture in my head of you on the roof with Julie. Way to go.

*ethan* said...

so when you come down and put lights on our house??

Chari said...

Okay Rachel, that is one of the funniest things I have seen in forever! You crack me up! Great job with the lights. I'd hire you :)

{natalie} said...

that's awesome! i'm cracking up thinking about it. you are brave to get up on the roof.