Monday, January 26, 2009

New Recipe

So I have been on a little bit of a health kick lately. Not only because I want to feel better about myself but because we are heading to Puerto Rico next week and I want to look semi decent in my bathing suit. We all know how our winter bodies can be.
My mom invited us over for dinner on Sunday and was nice enough to cook a healthy dinner per my request. I didn't think healthy food could taste this good. Its my new favorite recipe so I will share it all with you. It only has 127 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving. Hello! Thats awesome!!

Give it a try and let me know what you all think.


Honey Ginger Crusted Chicken

  • 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (12 ounces total)
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon orange juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • Dash ground red pepper (optional)
  • 3/4 cup cornflakes, crushed (about 1/3 cup)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • Steamed green beans and/or lemon wedges
  • Directions

    Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray. Place chicken breasts in baking pan. In a small bowl combine honey, orange juice, ginger, black pepper, and red pepper (if desired). Brush honey mixture over chicken. Combine cornflakes and parsley flakes. Sprinkle cornflake mixture over chicken to coat.

    Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170°). If desired, serve with steamed green beans and/or lemon wedges.

2 comments:

zzulie79 said...

That looks yummy, Miss your faces!!:)

Debbie said...

I'm glad you liked it Rache. We always love having you over for dinner and you inspire us with your dedication to being healthy. We love you.